Sunday, 9 April 2017

FSC - 'My Favourite Things'

Hello there,

It's time for our April challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, chosen this time by our Lovely Leanne. The theme's she's picked is ' My Favourite Things' inspired by one of her favourite musicals 'The Sound of Music.'  Leanne wanted us to take inspiration from the words in the first verse.  

I decided that I would make a tag this time and attach it to my brown paper package, tied up with string.  I also used some of the Invisible Image stamps that Leanne kindly sent to me a while ago to add the 'Whiskers on Kittens,' thereby ticking three of the boxes!





I started by stamping and heat embossing in black, a rose stamp by Anna Griffin.  I then coloured the rose using Spectrum Noir and Marvy markers.  I used three different shades of red to give the rose more depth. As I was making a paler background, I wanted the rose to really stand out.
I masked the rose with a Post-It note before stamping the falling raindrops with Memento Black Onyx and then masking them with drawing gum.  Once this was dry, I used my Ink Dusters to give the background it's first layer of Impress Old Rose ink.  I then went over it again using a Tim Holtz Flourish stencil.  Next, I dusted around the tag with Adirondack Water Melon, then Memento Gray Flannel and finally with Memento Black Onyx.  This created a vignette to draw the eye into the main focal image.  I finished my tag by erasing the drawing gum and shading the raindrops with a charcoal pencil to make the, pop.

The raindrops and postcard stamp are all by Inkylicious.

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images or too many die cuts, just good old fashioned stamping, and lots of it!

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges web site, along with the rules for the challenge.

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

Wishing you a wonderful day, full of your own favourite things x

I would also like to enter this tag into the following challenges:

30 comments:

  1. Your focal Rose is glorious Sandra and the raindrops looks so realistic, it's a super tag and how very special it makes the gift with the wrapping also carrying the theme.

    Hope you have a good Sunday and some of this lovely sunshine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely creation Sandra, it's subtle, it's clever and it's extremely pretty. You've clearly thought about the layout of this from the focal image and the colours to the background - it's perfect - well done!!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is so beautiful Sandra, I love the wrapping paper with the gorgeous curious cat stamped ll over it and the wonderful rose tag too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure where to start Sandra as each picture shows a work of art.

    The whiskers make a clever statement on the brown paper and the tied up with string bit ties everything into the verses ... sorry just couldn't resist it lol!!!

    Chosen colour scheme gives everything a romantic feel and the word LOVE just finishes everything to perfection. Beautiful x x

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloured rose! And that cat-face looks so good as wrapping paper! Hope you have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag! and what good that wrapping paper what you have done. Great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra,
    this is really beautiful and wonderfully created as always.
    I love your rose on your tag and your colouring and inking is as always perfect.
    Love how your raindrops pop from the tag, and your brown paper package looks really great also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever and creative. The cats faces on the brown paper look fabulous and I absolutely love your beautiful tag. Such a clever idea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your brown paper package and the tag is so beautiful! Your colouring of the rose gives a wonderful depth to the colour! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Sandra, this is just amazing, I love everything you've done here, your tag is wonderful and your rose is stunning, what colours, beautiful stamping too. I love your wrapping paper with the kitten image. I would say you've managed to meet all of the challenge requirements,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love all of it, the tag with its beautiful colouring and that sweet kitten paper. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is stunning!! The rose looks amazing!! I love the raindrops!! It looks so gorgeous on the package!! Love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous interpretation!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous tag love the rose and the raindrops, it looks great against the lovely papers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous tag Sandra, love the rose and wonderful colours, fabulous wrapping paper too.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the idea of the brown paper package with the tag Sandra and that's such a beautiful rose image. The colouring looks fabulous and the raindrops look so realistic.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag and packing, a lovely idea to use the verse as a theme. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, those rain drops are perfect. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous tag Sandra, love the brown package included...gorgeous rose. The link to the stamp is.. http://www.flonzcraft.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1102&search=flowers+engraving
    as there are several there with similar names but all are numbered. xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag, I love the raindrops,beautifully done. What a fun challenge idea. Will rummage through my stamps and see what I have suitable to play along xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous! The raindrops are so realistic and your Rose is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I am amazed at all the elements of that song you included in your beautiful piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I am amazed at all the elements of that song you included in your beautiful piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic! Your whiskers on kittens package and tag is wonderful. What a great idea. I LOVE it Sandra. You're working wonders with that lovely stamp. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandra. You are so clever to combine it all and make it look so natural!!! I love that!
    The background of the rose tag looks so beautiful and delicate and the rose really is the star of the tag. Great colouring.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! Such a beautiful tag, the water droplets look so life like. Great wrapping paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. your drops are amazing ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...